BOARD OF EDUCATION ELECTION
This year's election is for two Board of Education seats where the term will commence July 1, 2017 and end June 30, 2020.
Nominating petitions are available for those community members who satisfy the following qualifications:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school district.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
If you are interested in becoming a candidate for the Board of Education, please contact the District Clerk, Mary Lou Janelli, at 845-677-4200, extension 1100 in order to pick up an Expenditure Statement and Nominating Petition. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF CANDIDATE NOMINATING PETITIONS IS APRIL 17, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.
VOTER REGISTRATION AND ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
ANNUAL BOARD ELECTION AND BUDGET VOTE
TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2017
12:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Millbrook Middle School Auditorium
The Board of Education will hold the Annual Board Election and Budget Vote on May 16, 2017.
Who may vote?
In order to vote, you must be:
• at least 18
• a U.S. citizen
• a primary resident of the Millbrook Central School District for at least 30 days prior to May 16
• a registered voter with the school district and/or Dutchess County
If you are not registered with the District or the county, call the District Clerk Mary Lou Janelli at 677-4200 ext. 1100, or stop at a school office to register no later than 2:00 pm May 11, 2016.
About Absentee Ballots
If you are a qualified school district voter and you will be unable to vote in person on May 16 due to illness or physical disability, hospitalization, incarceration (unless incarcerated for conviction of a felony), travel outside the voter's county or city of residence for employment or business reasons, studies, or vacation you can apply for an absentee ballot. Absentee ballot applications are available at the district office in the middle school or by clicking on the link below. May 15th is the last day individual voters may pick up absentee ballot applications in person at the district office. To be counted, ballots must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 pm May 16, 2016.
2017-18 General Budget Information
|Absentee Ballot Application||72.24 KB|