Nominating petitions are available in the District Office for anyone interested in seeking election to a seat on the Board of Education. Packets of information may be obtained from the District Clerk in the District Office or at a Board of Education meeting.
There are two seats available for three year terms commencing on July 1, 2017. The Board of Education Annual Meeting/Budget Vote will take place on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 with voting from Noon - 9:00 p.m.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP ON A SCHOOL BOARD
1. Must be able to read and write.
2. Must be a qualified voter of the District; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not a convicted felon.
3. Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year prior to the election.
4. May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
5. May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
6. May not be a current employee of the school board.
7. May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
If you have any questions, please call the District Clerk, Mary Lou Janelli, at 677-4200, extension 1100.