Board of Education Election
This year's election is for two Board of Education seats where the term will commence July 1, 2020 and end June 30, 2023.
Nominating petitions are available for those community members who satisfy the following qualifications:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school district.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
If you are interested in becoming a candidate for the Board of Education, please contact the District Clerk, Cheryl M. Sprague, at email@example.com in order to pick up an Expenditure Statement and Nominating Petition. THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF CANDIDATE NOMINATING PETITIONS IS MAY 11, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Information
ANNUAL BOARD ELECTION AND BUDGET VOTE
TUESDAY JUNE 9, 2020 UNTIL 5 P.M., REMOTELY BY ABSENTEE BALLOT ONLY, IN ACCORDANCE WITH EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 202.26, QUALIFIED VOTERS WILL RECEIVE ABSENTEE BALLOTS BY MAIL
TO BE A QUALIFIED VOTER YOU MUST BE:
- a US Citizen
- at least 18 years old by June 9, 2020
- a School District resident for 30 days immediately preceding the vote
- Registered to vote in MCSD School District elections and having voted in any MCSD School District election/vote during the past 4 calendar years
- and/or a registered voter with Dutchess County
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, there will be no personal voter registration held at the school district offices prior to June 9, 2020 vote.
If you are not registered, you can register with the County Board of Elections by mail or remotely through New York State Department of Motor Vehicles website at: